Kush Mahan’s Latest Blog Post
This summer, don’t let the city heat and crowded weekend subways keep you from spending an adequate amount of time enjoying the outdoors in NYC. There are plenty of fun activities you can be part of and beautiful sites to discover in the hot upcoming months. Here’s a list of some summer events that Business Insider suggests you check out while you’re in the big apple:
1. Take a trip to Picnic Point on Governors Island (where you can catch a free ferry ride) to enjoy the eye-pleasing site of the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor under a clear blue sky.
2. Check out Brooklyn Flea’s Smorgasburg, a food festival that happens on Saturday afternoons between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge in DUMBO.
3. Head to Chelsea Piers and play golf on a 200-yard fairway overlooking the Hudson River.
4. Take a long stroll from the High Line park in the Meatpacking District up to 34th Street – it’s the perfect summer walk filled with vendors to try and benches to relax on.
5. Have a picnic at one of New York’s many green parks, if you’ve never been to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, try it out (you can even stop at a local farmer’s market right in front of the park every Saturday).
6. On Saturday mornings, seven miles of road between Central Park and the Brooklyn Bridge along Park Avenue are closed in August for you to enjoy free bike rentals, zip lines, and rock-climbing.
7. And lastly, head to Coney Island, New York’s favorite theme park that holds the famous Cyclone roller coaster. But, if you’re not a fan of rides, there’s also beaches to enjoy and Nathan’s hot dogs to munch on.
New York City is filled with tons of places to explore and wonderful summer attractions that you don’t want to miss out on. For more ideas, check out Business Insider’s list of 34 Things Every New Yorker Should Do This Summer, and don’t let the heat stop you from enjoying those sunny days.
via Kush Mahan http://ift.tt/1BneDht